Laura specialises in intellectual property and commercial litigation and dispute resolution. She is focussed on providing a commercially pragmatic resolution of disputes, and provides strategic advice on all aspects of IP and dispute resolution.
She has significant experience in intellectual property advice and disputes under New Zealand and Australian law including:
- trade mark infringement advice and litigation, and trade mark oppositions, revocations, applications for invalidity, and achieving the registration of trade marks
- patent infringement advice and litigation, and patent oppositions and revocations
- copyright advice and the resolution of copyright infringement issues
- advising on registered designs, and the resolution of design infringement issues
- Fair Trading Act, Australian Consumer Law, and passing off advice and litigation
- breach of confidence, and other IP issues arising from breach of employment agreements
- geographical indication advice and registration.
Laura also advises in relation to consumer law, including:
- product standards and labelling
- regulatory compliance, including competitions, promotions, and giveaways
- privacy obligations
- advertising codes and compliance.
Prior to joining Hudson Gavin Martin, Laura spent six years in the litigation team at intellectual property specialists AJ Park, and acted on Māori legal litigation at Kensington Swan.